Wish I Was Here
Here are a few of our staff members’ favorite trails.
- Ruffner Mountain Nature Center: Birmingham; www.ruffnermountain.org
- Sugar Loaf Mountain National Recreational Trail: Greers Ferry Lake; www.greersferrylake.org
- Flatwoods Wilderness Park: near Tampa Bay; (813) 987-6211
- Black Rock Mountain: near Clayton; www.gastateparks.org/info/blackrock
- Chattahoochee River Trails: near Atlanta; www.nps.gov/chat
- Cherokee Park: Louisville; www.olmstedparks.org
- Red River Gorge: near Lexington; www.redrivergorge.com
- Billy Goat Trail: near Potomac; (301) 767-3714
- Katy Trail State Park: near Columbia; 1-800-334-6946
- Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest: near Robbinsville; www.main.nc.us/graham/hiking/joycekil.html
- Pisgah National Forest: near Asheville; (828) 257-4200
- Anne Springs Close Greenway: near Rock Hill; (803) 548-7252
- I’On Village Walk: near Charleston; www.ioncommunity.com
- Chattanooga River Walk: (423) 643-6888
- Radnor Lake Trails: near Nashville; www.radnorlake.org
- Cedar Ridge Preserve: Dallas; www.audubondallas.org
- Town Lake: Austin; www.texasoutside.com/townlake
- Wintergreen Trail System: near Charlottesville; www.wintergreenresort.com
- Rock Creek Park: www.nps.gov/rocr
- Accessible trails help build healthy communities by providing cost-effective places where anyone can exercise and enjoy the outdoors.
- Walking and other gentle forms of physical activity reduce arthritis pain and disability.