These first dance wedding songs were chosen by Scott Register, native of Birmingham and host of the popular radio show Reg’s Coffee House (heard each Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on bhammountainradio.com). You can also enjoy Reg’s musical picks on his weekday show, The Morning Blend.
First Dance Wedding Songs by Southern Artists
Click on the song titles to preview on iTunes.
- “Sinking Wishes” by Matthew Perryman Jones (Nashville) from Throwing Punches In the Dark
- “No One Has To Know” by Eliot Morris (Mobile, AL/Memphis) from What’s Mine Is Yours
- “Now That I Found You” by Paul McDonald (feat. Nikki Reed) (Nashville, TN) Single
- “Sweeter Than This” by Katie Herzig (Nashville) from Weightless
- “Lovers’ Waltz” by A.A. Bondy (Birmingham) from American Hearts
- “Wedding Day” by Alejandro Escovedo (Austin, TX) from A Man Under the Influence
- “Such Great Heights” by Iron and Wine (Chapin, SC) from Around the Well
- “My Love Is With You All The Time” by Jon Black (Birmingham) from The Wrecking Ball
- “The Friend Song” by Drivin’ N’ Cryin’ (Atlanta) from Whisper Tames The Lion
- “You Dance” by eastmountainsouth (Birmingham/Roanoke, VA) from Eastmountainsouth
First Dance Wedding Songs by Artists North of the Mason-Dixon Line