These categories are also listed on the entry form. Please remember to select only one category per entry. If you wish to enter your project in more than one category, you will need to submit a separate entry for each.
Best New Home
- We are looking for new construction that was built with character and authenticity in mind and feels rooted in local or regional Southern vernacular. Send us a new home that showcases the best of traditional Southern architecture today. Homes should have a total heated square footage of less than 5,000 square feet, should not have been built before 2008, and should be completely finished including landscaping and interior furnishings. We request that all homes entered be primary or secondary residences that the homeowners frequently visit or use. No show houses, spec houses, rental properties, real estate listings, or development model homes, please.
Best Exterior Makeover
- We’re looking for a home that’s been transformed by adding curb appeal and charm. The project can be a renovation, restoration, or simply an exterior face-lift. All projects must come with “before” photos.
- Send us the perfect Southern kitchen—one that exudes style, function, and graciousness. It can be new or a remodel/renovation.
Best Outdoor Space
- We are looking for a beautiful outdoor space—porch, patio, outdoor kitchen, loggia, or terrace—that celebrates our love of outdoor living. It can be a freestanding structure, part of a new home, an addition, or a remodel/renovation.
- We’re celebrating what we love most about the South: our neighborhoods. We are looking to honor one—either newly developed or recently revitalized—with great architecture, a high quality of life, and engaged and active community residents.