Smothered Chicken With Lemon Mashed Potatoes
Supper Made Simple Menu:
- Easy Skillet Tacos
- Smothered Chicken With Lemon Mashed Potatoes
- Lemon Mashed Potatoes
- Tomato-Red Onion Salad
- Pork in Garlic Sauce
- Vermicelli With Chunky Vegetable Sauce
These stand-alone suppers prepared on the cooktop offer effortless meal planning whether you're in the back-to-school mode or juggling fall activities. We've provided everything you will need for at least four well-rounded meals without much cleanup, including a complete shopping list.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Cook
Here are some helpful suggestions for smooth going in the kitchen.
Start at the Beginning
- Read each recipe all the way through before starting your shopping list. Do you know what every ingredient is? Take inventory in your pantry and refrigerator.
- Don't let a long ingredients list turn you away from a recipe. Basic pantry items that you probably already have on hand can make a recipe look more difficult than it really is.
Get Ready To Cook
- Read the recipe again, and gather all the ingredients needed. Complete prep work before turning on the stove or cooktop: Open cans, chop vegetables, measure all necessary components, and decide what pans and utensils to use.
- If a dish is to be served over rice or pasta, start cooking that first. Be careful not to overcook the pasta.