Snappy Smothered Chicken is a cinch to make with a rotisserie chicken.
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
Rotisserie chicken rates as one of our favorite shortcuts, and it's also the focus of the cookbook Rotisserie Chickens to
the Rescue (Hyperion Books, $14.95). Written by Atlanta native Carla Fitzgerald Williams, this book features loads of family-friendly
meals, including Snappy Smothered Chicken. We devoured every morsel of this recipe during testing. Bet you'll have a clean
Rotisserie Chicken Tips
- To really save time, ask the deli staff to cut up the chicken for you.
- When selecting a rotisserie chicken, the container should be hot to the touch.
- If you don't use the entire chicken, freeze leftovers in a zip-top freezer bag up to four months.
- Stock up on chickens when they are on sale. Freeze them, and keep on hand to jump-start supper.
- An average chicken yields 3 to 3½ cups meat.
- Add the drippings from the container to your recipe for extra flavor.