6 Authentic Gumbo Recipes
You can't go wrong with this classic Southern dish to fill you up on chilly nights. We made it even heartier by adding roasted potatoes to the traditional mix of andouille sausage, Cajun seasonings, and veggies.
After preparing the roux, most of the time spent making gumbo is basically hands-free. You’ll just need to stir the pot occasionally to prevent sticking. This flavorful stew recipe is worth the effort.
- Recipe: Chicken-and-Sausage Gumbo
- Recipe: Chicken-Tasso-Andouille Sausage Gumbo, as pictured
Try it with shrimp!
- Recipe: Shrimp-Tasso-Andouille Sausage Gumbo
Make Chicken-Andouille Gumbo the day ahead to save time. Fresh andouille and crusty french bread are essential to this dish.
- Recipe: Chicken-Andouille Gumbo
Terrific flavors from the garden and grill come together in this summery twist on a New Orleans favorite. Served in smaller portions, it also makes a great first course.
- Recipe: Grilled Shrimp Gumbo Salad