For perfect scrambled eggs every time, melt a little butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and add lightly beaten eggs. (If you're cutting back on fat and calories, lightly coat the skillet with vegetable cooking spray, and use an equal amount of egg substitute.) Cook eggs, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on the bottom. Draw a spatula across the bottom of the skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist (do not stir constantly). Remove eggs from heat, and serve immediately.
Related: Award-Winning Deviled Eggs
Light and fluffy scrambled eggs are super easy to prepare in the microwave as well, and cook in less than 2 minutes. In a lightly greased 10-ounce custard cup, beat together 2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute), 2 tablespoons milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on high power, stirring once or twice, until just set, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- How to Make Scrambled Eggs
- Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs
- Sausage-and-Scrambled Egg Pizza
- Veggie Scramble
With today's hectic schedules, it can be difficult to find time for entertaining, but these delicious do-ahead casseroles make it easy. All you need to add is a platter of fresh fruit and a pot of hot coffee.
- Scrambled Egg Enchiladas
- Sausage-Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Hearty Healthy Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Enchiladas
- Breakfast Casserole
- Croissant French Toast With Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- Make-Ahead French Toast With Strawberry Sauce
- Ham-and-Cheese Oven French Toast
- Overnight Oven-Baked French Toast
Refrigerated and frozen piecrusts offer a great-tasting shortcut for these popular breakfast and luncheon treats. For a heart-healthy option, try our Crustless Veggie-Sausage Quiche. If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, individual wedges may be reheated in the microwave at 50% power for about 1 minute.
- Crabmeat-Parmesan Quiche
- Spinach Quiches
- Spinach-and-Bacon Quiche
- Quiche Lorraine
- Crustless Veggie-Sausage Quiche
- Easy Poached Eggs
- Traditional Eggs Benedict
- Shrimp-and-Grits Eggs Benedict
Grab-and-Go Breakfast Treats
- Breakfast Sausage Quesadillas
- Breakfast Pizza
- Breakfast Muffins
- Bacon 'n'' Egg Breakfast Empanadas
- BLT Breakfast Sandwiches