When it comes to stocking the pantry with ingredients for fast party food, the best finds, such as this Pepper Marmalade (from Not Yo Mamas Gourmet.com), deliver big dividends in time-saving shortcuts.
Pepper Marmalade makes a quick start for colorful Holiday Salsa as well as dozens of other terrific recipes. We share them all, along with more of our Test Kitchens secrets for turning simple ingredients into something special. Spoon Holiday Salsa over White Cheddar Spread, and serve with assorted crackers.
Holiday Salsa: Stir together 1 (10-oz.) jar pepper marmalade, 2 cups diced mango (fresh or refrigerated), and 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days. Makes about 3 cups. Prep: 5 min.
Try Pepper Marmalade in place of pepper jelly in these tasty recipes.
- Pepper Jelly Danish
- Avocado-Mango Salsa
- Brie Cheese Bites
- Sweet 'n' Spicy Sausage
- Fried Green Tomatillos With Jalapeño Dipping Sauce
- Festive Turkey Rollups
- Jalapeño-Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Spicy-Sweet Ribs and Beans
- Red Pepper-Peach Grilled Turkey
- Pear-Glazed Pork Roast
- Jalapeño-Basil Chicken
- Jalapeño-Basil Pork Chops
- Glazed Salmon With Stir-fried Vegetables
- Grilled Pork Cosmopolitan Salad
- Cranberry-Glazed Pork Loin
- Cumberland Sauce
- Quick Cranberry-Apple Chutney
- Jezebel Sauce
- No-Cook Mustard Sauce
- Raisin Sauce
- Wowee Maui Mustard
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Carrots
- Pepper Jelly-Glazed Carrots
- Braised Red Cabbage
- Spicy Cabbage Stir-fry
We're always on the lookout for fast, fun recipes and would love to hear about your creative ideas. For each recipe we publish, we'll send you $20 plus a copy of the Southern Living Annual Recipes cookbook in January. Please e-mail recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"From Our Kitchen" is from the December 2007 issue of Southern Living.