Get The Look: Traditional Holiday Cheer
Bunch fresh holly and large gold bells on top of the tree for a fresh use of traditional materials. Use clear fishing line to secure the loose arrangement to the branches. The holly is easy to find in your yard (or maybe a neighbor’s!).
- Get the Look: Temple Bells, $24-$32 each; vivaterra.com
Magnolia wreaths have a sophisticated look, and they don’t shed messy needles like pine versions. Try hanging your wreath with strips of fabric used elsewhere in your room, or with pretty grosgrain ribbon.
- Get the Look: The Original Magnolia Wreath, $137 (30”D); themagnoliacompany.com
The clean lines and neutral color of this tight-back settee create a simple backdrop for bold patterns and colors on the decorative pillows and throughout the room.
- Get the Look: Landau Devan Loveseat (3903-02) in Slubby Natural, starts at $2,671; leeindustries.com
Every room benefits from at least one piece with a sense of history. This bench, a vintage Louis XV-style, got a breath of new life with a fresh coat of paint and new upholstery. Try this version from Wisteria as an ottoman or coffee table.
- Get the Look: Oversized Tufted Ottoman (W2929), $549; wisteria.com
Red can be a bit intimidating, but this shade has a richness that keeps it from looking too fire engine. Paint the window trim high gloss white and the moving parts black for added architectural interest.
- Get the Look: Rectory Red No. 217 Estate Emulsion Interior Paint, $80 per gallon; farrow-ball.com
When it comes to round glass ornaments, more is more. Most trees just eat them up, and they still look bare after you’ve gone through your whole collection of ornaments. Stock up on these extremely well priced versions, available in many colors.
- Get the Look: Glazed Ginger Velvet 2 5/8” Glass Ornaments, $4.99 (set of 8); bronners.com
Mix up the shapes on the tree with some pinecone-shaped ornaments. These gold models tie in with the warm metallic temple bells and bronze-colored glass ornaments.
- Get the Look: Gold Pinecones Shatterproof Ornaments, $9.99 (set of 8); bronners.com
Seek out wrapping papers that are in keeping with your decorations. This room’s black-and-white-and-red theme calls for punchy papers in the same color scheme.
- Get the Look: #1624 Blackberry wrapping paper, $6.50 (two 20” x 30” sheets); snowandgraham.com
Package presents, hang ornaments, or embellish your wreath using multi-purpose satin ribbon, available in a variety of colors.
- Get the Look: Bright Satin Ribbon, $2.49 per roll (3/4” x 20’); containerstore.com