Cool Peppermint Treats
The marbled layers seemed like a good idea at the time, but to get picture-perfect peppermint swirls, we bake and frost 27 layers.
- Recipe: Red Velvet Peppermint Cake
Dress up classic cupcakes by adding chopped pieces of homemade white chocolate-peppermint bark. The combination of chocolate, vanilla, and peppermint is always a crowd pleaser.
Refreshing peppermint-chocolate frosting tops this decadent and fudgy brownie tart. Garnish with crushed peppermint candy canes.
- Recipe: Peppermint Brownie Tarts
- Recipe: Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies
A layer of peppermint ice cream tops a rich crust in this pie.
This rich holiday cake is a show-stopper that will become a family holiday classic recipe. Don't be tempted to substitute peppermint extract for the peppermint oil used in this recipe. Peppermint oil, available from cake-supply stores, has an intense, highly concentrated flavor like that found in chocolate-covered peppermint patties.
- Recipe: Chocolate-Mint Cake
Crushed peppermint patties add chocolate minty freshness to these creamy milkshake-like drinks. Make Grown-up Frappés by decreasing the milk and adding crème de cacao.
3 Ways to Serve a Frappé:
- Black-Bottom: Pour chocolate fudge shell topping into frozen glasses.
- Sparkly: Dip rims of glasses in warm hot fudge topping; sprinkle with crushed peppermints.
- Spiked Whipped Cream: Sweeten whipping cream with crème de cacao instead of sugar.
- Recipe: Peppermint Patty Frappés
As if milk chocolate morsels and peppermint candies weren't perfect enough a mixture, we added rich cream-and-mint-filled chocolate sandwich cookies and salty pretzel sticks to our peppermint bark. This recipe is great for giving as gifts, but be sure to save a few pieces as a holiday treat for yourself.
- Recipe: Milk Chocolate-Peppermint Bark