- For our centerpiece (shown at right), put cookies in bud vases filled with candies.
- Color your cookies with food-safe markers. Wilton offers FoodWriter Edible Color Markers, available at www.wilton.com.
- Visit the baking aisle of your grocery store, and you'll find a variety of decorating options--from prepackaged colored frostings to self-adhesive edible adornments.
- Create festive party favors for other holiday events by simply changing your color palette and cookie shape. Make pumpkins and leaves for a fall festival, or decorate edible ornaments and trees for a yuletide celebration.
- Wrap each finished cookie with cellophane, and tie with colorful ribbon.
Cookie cutters (1 1/2-inch and 4 1/2-inch bunny, butterfly, and chick) and pastel-colored sugars from Wilton, 1-800-794-5866 or www.wilton.com; fine pastel-colored sugars, pastel-colored eggs, pastel-colored confetti, and pastel-colored tiny sequins from Sweet Celebrations, 1-800-328-6722 or www.maidofscandinavia.com; pastel nonpareils from Target, www.target.com.
This article is from the March 2005 issue of Southern Living.