Plan a get-together for any occasion with these combinations of our favorite holiday foods.
Matt and Ted Lee adapted this tempting holiday menu for 6 from The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook (W.W. Norton, $35), their critically acclaimed collection of regional recipes and witty commentary (not to be missed by any food lover). This merry menu creates an easygoing style but reflects Ted and Matt's serious food knack for updating Southern classics without loosing a lick of their delectable essence.
- Cheese Straws
- New Ambrosia With Buttermilk-Coconut Dressing
- Squash-and-Mushroom Hominy
- Hot Slaw à la Greyhound Grill
- Pork Loin Chops With Pear-and-Vidalia Pan Gravy
- Sweet Potato-Buttermilk Pie
- Hot-Spiced Bourbon Balls