• Traditional with a twist. “I’m very much a classic girl, but I like a little bit of glam and modern thrown in,” Erynn says.
• Color. “Blue is one of my favorite colors,” she says. “So is Kelly green. And I love pink.”
• A room to entertain. The Hassingers’ twin recliners were hardly sufficient for entertaining.
• Clean lines. Will’s first place, a townhouse he and Erynn shared for the first year of their marriage, had a mostly modern feel.
• Nothing too girlie. Will was cool with accommodating his wife’s color request, as long as it didn’t veer too far toward pink.
• A big TV over the fireplace and a comfy seat to watch it. “I’m about 6 foot 5, so I need a big, deep couch,” Will says.