Get The Look: Festive Holiday Entertaining
Go for a light finish for the dining table, instead of a dark hole in the middle of the room. This round design comes with a leaf to extend the table to a larger oval. The base of the table consists of graphic circles and stripes.
- Get the Look: Everly Round Dining Table by Annie Selke Home, $3,597; vanguardfurniture.com
These Louis XVI-style side chairs have a charming antique look, which pairs nicely with more modern elements. Try upholstering the seat in a colorful fabric to coordinate with the wallpaper or window treatments in your dining room.
- Get the Look: Vintage French Cane Round Side Chair, $199; restorationhardware.com
Punch up the drama on the table with a bold black-and-white runner. A full tablecloth in a similar pattern might be too overpowering, but a narrow runner is more restrained.
- Get the Look: Woodblock Ink Runner by DwellStudio, $80 (pack of 2); allmodern.com
Juliska’s pewter stoneware chargers have the old world luster of real pewter, but the easy-care benefits of stoneware. They’re oven, microwave, freezer, and dishwasher-safe, plus the octagonal shape is a fun departure from standard round chargers.
- Get the Look: Pewter Stoneware Octagonal Charger Plate by Juliska, $66; theivycottageonline.com
Avoid matching every piece in your placesetting, and mix up the hues and patterns. Drawing from the green in this room’s wallpaper, these soft green glazed salad plates are a nice touch of color to the table.
- Get the Look: Salad/Dessert Plate in Vuelta Ocean Blue by Jars, $29.50; michaelcfina.com
Interior designer Kelly Wearstler’s black-and-white Confetti napkins have a sophisticated yet playful vibe. At 22”x22”, they’re large enough to wrap up small party favors at each placesetting.
- Get the Look: Confetti Dinner Napkins in Ivory by Kelly Wearstler for Sferra, $125 each; sferra.com
Facilitate great dinner conversation with a TableTopics game, a collection of cards containing questions for the table. Remove a few cards from the cube and inscribe them with your guest’s names or monograms to arrange seating.
- Get the Look: TableTopics Cube, $25; tabletopics.com
Set a dramatic tone for your dining room with bold printed wallpaper, like this large-scale floral. Try hanging above the chair-rail, with solid white paint beneath, to temper the effect.
- Get the Look: Berry Flower Wallpaper in Granite by Neisha Crosland; walnutwallpaper.com
Get the Look: