Must-Have Christmas Recipes
For the perfect low-stress starter, try this rich and creamy baked dip. Tip: Bake Blue Cheese-Bacon Dip in four small baking dishes, and place throughout the party area.
- Recipe: Blue Cheese-Bacon Dip
Sprinkle pecans seasoned with ginger and curry over Spinach-Apple Salad With Maple-Cider Vinaigrette.
“This salad is make ahead, great for casual or fancy parties, and easy to tote to a neighborhood get-together.” - Shirley Harrington, Senior Foods Editor
Stock your freezer with this simple dough and be ready to slice and bake in minutes.
Use these tips to make our Test Kitchen's favorite lasagna in advance.
- Sauce can be made ahead. Let cool 30 minutes. Cover and chill up to 24 hours, or freeze up to 1 month.
- Make lasagna the day before: Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Let stand 30 minutes before baking.
- Freeze lasagna 1 month ahead: Wrap unbaked lasagna with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Freeze. Thaw 12 hours in refrigerator. Let stand 30 minutes; unwrap and bake as directed.
- Recipe: Classic Lasagna
Green beans make almost everyone happy―especially with bacon added. Red pepper perks up Green Beans With Mushrooms and Bacon, but it's tame enough for the whole family.
This from-scratch recipe is suited for any level of cook - even first timers. Tip: Brush unbaked rolls with lightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and fennel seeds. Or, brush unbaked rolls with melted butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, kosher salt, coarsely ground pepper, and dried Italian seasoning.
- Recipe: Hurry-Up Homemade Crescent Rolls
Celebrate in style with this holiday beverage. Peach preserves (like you would spread on biscuits) are the secret ingredient in Peach-Bourbon Sours. Cheers!
- Recipe: Peach-Bourbon Sours