Must-Have Christmas Recipes
For the perfect low-stress starter, try this rich and creamy baked dip. Tip: Bake Blue Cheese-Bacon Dip in four small baking dishes, and place throughout the party area.
- Recipe: Blue Cheese-Bacon Dip
“This salad is make ahead, great for casual or fancy parties, and easy to tote to a neighborhood get-together.” - Shirley Harrington, Senior Foods Editor
Stock your freezer with this simple dough and be ready to slice and bake in minutes.
- Sauce can be made ahead. Let cool 30 minutes. Cover and chill up to 24 hours, or freeze up to 1 month.
- Make lasagna the day before: Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Let stand 30 minutes before baking.
- Freeze lasagna 1 month ahead: Wrap unbaked lasagna with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Freeze. Thaw 12 hours in refrigerator. Let stand 30 minutes; unwrap and bake as directed.
- Recipe: Classic Lasagna
This from-scratch recipe is suited for any level of cook - even first timers. Tip: Brush unbaked rolls with lightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and fennel seeds. Or, brush unbaked rolls with melted butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, kosher salt, coarsely ground pepper, and dried Italian seasoning.
- Recipe: Hurry-Up Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Recipe: Peach-Bourbon Sours