Tina Cornett / Styling: Buffy Hargett
- Caramel-Coconut-Pecan Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake
- Chocolate Glaze
- Chocolate-Red Velvet Layer Cake
- Cinnamon-Pecan Crumb Cakes
- Cranberry-Pecan Cake Batter
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Fluted Chocolate-Red Velvet Cakes
- Lemon-Poppy Seed Cake Batter
- Peppermint Brownie Tarts
- Praline Pecans
- Praline-Pecan Brownies
- Praline-Pecan Cakes
- Sour Cream Cake Batter
- Sour Cream-Pecan Cake Batter
- Vanilla Glaze
'Tis the season for oven-baked goodies, and these are some of our best. Whether you need a sleigh full of small gifts or one spectacular offering for a special gathering of family and friends, you’re sure to find the perfect recipe here. Simple packaging ideas make these cakes as festive as they are delicious.
Holidays on Ice: Freezing Tips
Whatever the size or shape you choose, you can bake these cakes and brownies weeks ahead of the hectic holiday season.
- Place baked, completely cooled cakes (frosted or unfrosted) in large zip-top freezer bags, and freeze for up to one month.
- Cool brownies completely; arrange in a single layer in an airtight container, and freeze up to one month. Cover with wax paper, and repeat layers as needed, leaving enough air space at the top to allow the container to close easily.
"Can't Miss Christmas Cakes" is from the December 2005 issue of Southern Living.