Best-Loved Cookies & Bars
These cookie recipes are easy to make, perfect for swapping, and pretty enough to be decorations.
These chocolate chip cookies are decadent enough, but sandwich them between a Bourbon Ganache and this treat has been elevated to new heights.
- Recipe: Smoky Mountain Snowcaps
- Recipe: Sparkling Ginger Stars
- Recipe: Tea Cakes
- Recipe: Date Pinwheel Cookies
- Recipe: Lemon-Basil Butter Cookies
- Recipe: Bourbon Balls
- Recipe: Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
- Recipe: Thumbprint Cookies
These coffee-flavored cookies have relatively small amounts of granulated and light brown sugar because the coffee liqueur and the dark chocolate kisses add a good bit of sweetness. Also, you might want to note that this is an egg-free recipe.
- Recipe: Cappuccino Blossoms
- Recipe: Southern Dutch Squares
- Recipe: Jam Kolache
- Recipe: Bayou Brownies
- Recipe: Mudslide Brownies
- Recipe: Cheesecake Swirl Squares
Buttery bites make for well-received packages. We used a 9- × 6-inch box and inserted individual white treat boxes as dividers ($8 for six at kmart.com)
- Recipe: Chocolate-Peppermint Bars
- Recipe: Bourbon-Pecan Snowflakes
- Recipe: Cinnamon-Orange Squares
- Recipe: Sweet Potato-Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
- Recipe: Key Lime Stars
- Recipe: Cherry-Chocolate Thumbprints
How do you sneak gooey melted goodness into every oat-filled bite without the extra fat? Replace half the butter with an extra bar of chocolate. For an even chewier texture, substitute 1/2 cup hazelnut or almond flour for 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- Recipe: Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Do as Jana Kramer does: Tie on an apron, put on a Patsy Cline record, and whip up some of these chewy cookies. Ground oats and chopped pecans give them great texture, and a grated milk chocolate bar gives the chocolate morsels an extraordinary boost.
Recipe: Jana's Chocolate Chip Cookies