Best-Loved Cookies & Bars
These cookie recipes are easy to make, perfect for swapping, and pretty enough to be decorations.
Tangy rhubarb and sweet raspberries mingle in a portable, make-ahead dessert.
Recipe: Raspberry "Rhubars"
This clever take on beloved thumbprint cookies is sweet and savory. Refrigerated dough keeps for days, and the baked cookies freeze well.
Easily pipe the filling using a zip-top plastic bag.
Recipe: Nutty Chocolate Thumbprints
- Recipe: Chunky Chocolate Gobs
These chocolate chip cookies are decadent enough, but sandwich them between a Bourbon Ganache and this treat has been elevated to new heights.
If you like peanut butter and chocolate, you'll love these gooey cookies. Our decadent recipe features chocolate-covered caramel-peanut nougat bars.
- Recipe: Candy Bar-Peanut Butter Cookies
Toasted pecans add a delicious nutty flavor to these easy-to-make cookies. Feel free to try almonds or your favorite nut instead.
- Recipe: Pecan Sandies
- Recipe: Almond Snowballs
- Recipe: Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Recipe: Smoky Mountain Snowcaps
- Recipe: Mississippi Mud Cookies
Rolling these basic sugar cookies in a cinnamon-sugar mixture adds just enough spice and a bit of color.
- Recipe: Snickerdoodles
- Recipe: Oatmeal-Toffee Cookies
- Recipe: Crunchy Frostbite Cookies
- Recipe: Crispy Praline Cookies
- Recipe: Sparkling Ginger Stars
- Recipe: Chocolate-Orange Swirls
- Recipe: Chewy Coffee-Toffee Shortbread
- Recipe: Tea Cakes
- Recipe: Date Pinwheel Cookies
- Recipe: Linzer Cookies
- Recipe: Lemon-Basil Butter Cookies
- Recipe: Chocolate Wedding Cookies
- Recipe: Peanut Blossom Cookies
- Recipe: Pecan Crescents
- Recipe: Bourbon Balls
- Recipe: Classic Sugar Cookies
- Recipe: Butter-Mint Shortbread
- Recipe: Molasses-Spice Crinkles
- Recipe: Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
You'll love how these scrumptious double-chocolate cookies are similar in taste and texture to thick and fudgy brownies.
- Recipe: Brownie Cookies
- Recipe: Thumbprint Cookies
These coffee-flavored cookies have relatively small amounts of granulated and light brown sugar because the coffee liqueur and the dark chocolate kisses add a good bit of sweetness. Also, you might want to note that this is an egg-free recipe.
- Recipe: Cappuccino Blossoms
Try these nutritious cookies with a cold glass of milk for breakfast on the go. Add chocolate chips or grated carrots for a flavorful spin on the recipe.
- Recipe: Oatmeal-Pecan Snack Cookies
For truly authentic spritz cookies, be sure to invest in a cookie press to get that oh-so-perfect shape. Add colored sugar crystals on top for an extra festive flair.
- Recipe: Spritz Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are twice as nice when you use both milk chocolate bars and semisweet chocolate chunks.
- Recipe: Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
The chai gives this cookie a kick while the eggnog topping shows a sweet side.
- Recipe: Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies
Fans of classic cookies will love the accents of sweet-tart cranberries and gooey white chocolate in these treats.
Filled with oats and two kinds of chocolate, it’s no wonder readers tell us these cookies receive all-around rave reviews.
How can you go wrong with this much chocolate packed into one recipe? And chances are you already have most of the ingredients on hand.
- Recipe: Chocolate Chubbies
For those who love sweet-and-salty combinations, this is the dessert for you! A sprinkling of kosher salt perfectly complements the sweet caramel and chocolate.
- Recipe: Salted Caramel-Pecan Bars
The secret to these chocolate-peanut bar cookies is the crushed vanilla wafers.
- Recipe: Chocolate-Peanut Bars
- Recipe: Southern Dutch Squares
- Recipe: Jam Kolache
- Recipe: Bayou Brownies
- Recipe: Kitchen Sink Brownies
- Recipe: Oatmeal Carmelitas
- Recipe: Pecan Squares
- Recipe: Cappuccino-Frosted Brownies
- Recipe: Mudslide Brownies
- Recipe: Death by Caramel Bars
- Recipe: Chunky Chocolate Brownies
- Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Recipe: Cheesecake Swirl Squares
- Recipe: Cocoa-Almond Biscotti
- Recipe: Cranberry-Pecan Rugalach
- Recipe: Peanut Butter Candy Bar Brownies
- Recipe: Chocolate-and-Almond Macaroons
These red velvet brownies taste as good as they look. They are moist, tasty, and swirling with color.
Buttery bites make for well-received packages. We used a 9- × 6-inch box and inserted individual white treat boxes as dividers ($8 for six at kmart.com)
- Recipe: Chocolate-Peppermint Bars
- Recipe: Bourbon-Pecan Snowflakes
- Recipe: Cinnamon-Orange Squares
- Recipe: Sweet Potato-Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
- Recipe: Key Lime Stars
- Recipe: Cherry-Chocolate Thumbprints
For an even chewier texture, substitute 1/2 cup hazelnut or almond flour for 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
Recipe: Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
You'll use just a tad less than two sticks of butter to make these delicate little gems.
- Recipe: Lemon Meltaways
For quick cleanup and easy serving, line the bottom and sides of the pan with foil before adding the dough.
Recipe: Lemon-Almond Bars
Do as Jana Kramer does: Tie on an apron, put on a Patsy Cline record, and whip up some of these chewy cookies. Ground oats and chopped pecans give them great texture, and a grated milk chocolate bar gives the chocolate morsels an extraordinary boost.
Recipe: Jana's Chocolate Chip Cookies