Best-Loved Cookies & Bars
These cookie recipes are easy to make, perfect for swapping, and pretty enough to be decorations.
This clever take on beloved thumbprint cookies is sweet and savory. Refrigerated dough keeps for days, and the baked cookies freeze well.
Tangy rhubarb and sweet raspberries mingle in a portable, make-ahead dessert.
Recipe: Raspberry "Rhubars"
Easily pipe the filling using a zip-top plastic bag.
Recipe: Nutty Chocolate Thumbprints
- Recipe: Chunky Chocolate Gobs
These chocolate chip cookies are decadent enough, but sandwich them between a Bourbon Ganache and this treat has been elevated to new heights.
If you like peanut butter and chocolate, you'll love these gooey cookies. Our decadent recipe features chocolate-covered caramel-peanut nougat bars.
- Recipe: Candy Bar-Peanut Butter Cookies
Toasted pecans add a delicious nutty flavor to these easy-to-make cookies. Feel free to try almonds or your favorite nut instead.
- Recipe: Pecan Sandies
- Recipe: Almond Snowballs
- Recipe: Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Recipe: Smoky Mountain Snowcaps
- Recipe: Mississippi Mud Cookies
Rolling these basic sugar cookies in a cinnamon-sugar mixture adds just enough spice and a bit of color.
- Recipe: Snickerdoodles
- Recipe: Oatmeal-Toffee Cookies
- Recipe: Crunchy Frostbite Cookies
- Recipe: Crispy Praline Cookies
- Recipe: Sparkling Ginger Stars
- Recipe: Chocolate-Orange Swirls
- Recipe: Chewy Coffee-Toffee Shortbread
- Recipe: Tea Cakes
- Recipe: Date Pinwheel Cookies
- Recipe: Linzer Cookies
- Recipe: Lemon-Basil Butter Cookies
- Recipe: Chocolate Wedding Cookies
- Recipe: Peanut Blossom Cookies
- Recipe: Pecan Crescents
- Recipe: Bourbon Balls
- Recipe: Classic Sugar Cookies
- Recipe: Butter-Mint Shortbread
- Recipe: Molasses-Spice Crinkles
- Recipe: Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
You'll love how these scrumptious double-chocolate cookies are similar in taste and texture to thick and fudgy brownies.
- Recipe: Brownie Cookies
- Recipe: Thumbprint Cookies
These coffee-flavored cookies have relatively small amounts of granulated and light brown sugar because the coffee liqueur and the dark chocolate kisses add a good bit of sweetness. Also, you might want to note that this is an egg-free recipe.
- Recipe: Cappuccino Blossoms
Try these nutritious cookies with a cold glass of milk for breakfast on the go. Add chocolate chips or grated carrots for a flavorful spin on the recipe.
- Recipe: Oatmeal-Pecan Snack Cookies
For truly authentic spritz cookies, be sure to invest in a cookie press to get that oh-so-perfect shape. Add colored sugar crystals on top for an extra festive flair.
- Recipe: Spritz Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are twice as nice when you use both milk chocolate bars and semisweet chocolate chunks.
- Recipe: Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
The chai gives this cookie a kick while the eggnog topping shows a sweet side.
- Recipe: Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies
Fans of classic cookies will love the accents of sweet-tart cranberries and gooey white chocolate in these treats.
Filled with oats and two kinds of chocolate, it’s no wonder readers tell us these cookies receive all-around rave reviews.
How can you go wrong with this much chocolate packed into one recipe? And chances are you already have most of the ingredients on hand.
- Recipe: Chocolate Chubbies
For those who love sweet-and-salty combinations, this is the dessert for you! A sprinkling of kosher salt perfectly complements the sweet caramel and chocolate.
- Recipe: Salted Caramel-Pecan Bars
The secret to these chocolate-peanut bar cookies is the crushed vanilla wafers.
- Recipe: Chocolate-Peanut Bars
- Recipe: Southern Dutch Squares
- Recipe: Jam Kolache
- Recipe: Bayou Brownies
- Recipe: Kitchen Sink Brownies
- Recipe: Oatmeal Carmelitas
- Recipe: Pecan Squares
- Recipe: Cappuccino-Frosted Brownies
- Recipe: Mudslide Brownies
- Recipe: Death by Caramel Bars
- Recipe: Chunky Chocolate Brownies
- Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Recipe: Cheesecake Swirl Squares
- Recipe: Cocoa-Almond Biscotti
- Recipe: Cranberry-Pecan Rugalach
- Recipe: Peanut Butter Candy Bar Brownies
- Recipe: Chocolate-and-Almond Macaroons
These red velvet brownies taste as good as they look. They are moist, tasty, and swirling with color.
Buttery bites make for well-received packages. We used a 9- × 6-inch box and inserted individual white treat boxes as dividers ($8 for six at kmart.com)
- Recipe: Chocolate-Peppermint Bars
- Recipe: Bourbon-Pecan Snowflakes
- Recipe: Cinnamon-Orange Squares
- Recipe: Sweet Potato-Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
- Recipe: Key Lime Stars
- Recipe: Cherry-Chocolate Thumbprints
How do you sneak gooey melted goodness into every oat-filled bite without the extra fat? Replace half the butter with an extra bar of chocolate. For an even chewier texture, substitute 1/2 cup hazelnut or almond flour for 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- Recipe: Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
You'll use just a tad less than two sticks of butter to make these delicate little gems.
- Recipe: Lemon Meltaways
For quick cleanup and easy serving, line the bottom and sides of the pan with foil before adding the dough.
- Recipe: Lemon-Almond Bars
Do as Jana Kramer does: Tie on an apron, put on a Patsy Cline record, and whip up some of these chewy cookies. Ground oats and chopped pecans give them great texture, and a grated milk chocolate bar gives the chocolate morsels an extraordinary boost.
Recipe: Jana's Chocolate Chip Cookies