Preparing great-tasting dishes is easy when they're complemented with this favorite ingredient.
Cooking With Cheese Recipes:
- Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- Crab-and-Goat Cheese Poblanos With Mango Salsa
- Mango Salsa
Who doesn't love cheese? The problem (or so you might think) is that it isn't healthy, right? Wrong. It boasts generous amounts of calcium, protein, and riboflavin.
Let these delicious recipes inspire you to incorporate cheese into your healthy eating plan.
Cheese-making in the South? That's right, y'all. Try some of our favorite purveyors.
- Cheesemakers, Inc., in Cleveland, Texas, offers Jaimito Mexican-style cheeses, such as Queso Quesadilla, a rich, melting-type cheese perfect for quesadillas. Visit www.cheesemakers.com.
- Fromagerie Belle Chèvre's Fromage Blanc, a creamy white cheese, is delicious when served with pear or apple slices. Call 1-800-735-2238, or visit Fromagerie Belle Chèvre at 26910 Bethel Road in Elkmont, Alabama.
- Goat Lady Dairy in Climax, North Carolina, makes a variety of goat cheeses. Chevre Taleggio, a soft, pungent cheese, tastes divine with toasty bread and fresh figs. Call (336) 824-2163, or visit www.goatladydairy.com.
- Meadow Creek Dairy in Galax, Virginia, sells its cheeses (such as Rosemary Jack) in stores throughout the state, or you can mail-order by calling (276) 236-2776 or 1-888-236-0622 or visiting www.meadowcreekdairy.com.
- Sweet Grass Dairy in Thomasville, Georgia, offers Georgia Pecan Chevre, which is just amazing with dried fruit and a nice glass of Chardonnay. Call (229) 227-0752, or visit www.sweetgrassdairy.com.