Farm-Fresh Recipes from the Hermitage Hotel
These beets are anything but boring. Roasted in a broth seasoned with honey, cider vinegar, thyme, and parsley, they have great flavor and make for a pretty presentation. Top with hazelnuts and crumbled ricotta salata cheese to complete the dish.
- Recipe: Roasted Baby Beets
If you've never tried sorghum syrup, you should start with this recipe. Frequently eaten on hot buttered biscuits, sorghum syrup is used as a sweet glaze for turnips in this recipe.
- Recipe: Sorghum-Glazed Turnips
Add some zip to braised cabbage with a delicious mix of cranberries, orange juice, honey, and nutmeg.
- Recipe: Orange-Cranberry Braised Cabbage
- Recipe: Roasted Apples and Parsnips
Brown sugar, bourbon, and ale beer elevate a traditional collards recipe to a whole new level.
- Recipe: Bacon-and-Bourbon Collards
Cornbread cooked in a cast-iron skillet is a warm complement to any Southern meal.
- Recipe: Buttermilk Cornbread