Bubbling farmers' market-inspired pizzas, grown-up frozen pops, and a summer garden in full bloom create an alfresco pizza party where everyone feels at home.
Make your own gourmet pizza in 5 steps.
- Start with Dan's Pizza Dough. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° for 30 minutes. Stretch dough into a 10- to 12-inch circle on a separate lightly floured baking sheet.
- Spread 1/2 cup Fresh Tomato Sauce on each dough circle.
- Top with 4 oz. of shredded, sliced, or crumbled cheese. Some favorites include Decimal Place Farm goat cheese, Atlanta Fresh Artisan Creamery's Fresh Mozzarella, and Sweet Grass Dairy's Thomasville tomme.
- Choose the toppings. Get creative by mixing and matching your favorites. Try assorted olives, fresh basil pesto, thinly sliced radishes, fresh peas, sliced fennel, spring onions, and cooked and crumbled pork sausage or ground beef.
- Season pizza with desired amount of salt and pepper. Slide pizza from baking sheet onto hot pizza stone or baking sheet in oven. Bake at 500° for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden.