HOW TO PULL IT OFF
Use our plan to make and serve this menu without a hitch.
Two days ahead
- Cook and peel hard-boiled eggs. Place eggs in a zip-top plastic bag, seal, and chill. Cook and crumble bacon; chill.
- Set the table; cover with a clean sheet or tablecloth.
- Set up the bar.One day ahead
Mix Baked Pimiento Cheese, and place in baking dish; chill.
- Make Bacon-Stuffed Eggs without the garnish, and place on serving dish; chill.
- Make Red Velvet Cheesecake; chill. Wash mint for garnish, wrap in paper towels, and place in a zip-top plastic bag.
- Assemble Crabmeat-and-Spinach Lasagna; chill.
- Squeeze orange juice and slice oranges for Orange Thing; chill.
Day of the party:
- Place cheesecake on a serving plate, and garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired; chill.
1 hour before dinner:
- Bake lasagna; cover and keep warm.
- Bake okra for salad; cover and keep warm. Toast walnuts.
- Bake pimiento cheese dip appetizer; cover and keep warm. Set out crackers and veggies.
- Garnish Bacon-Stuffed Eggs, if desired.
30 minutes before dinner:
- Serve eggs and cheese dip.
- Bake breadsticks.
- Heat salad dressing, and assemble the salad.
- Garnish lasagna, if desired, and serve the meal.
"Supper Club Celebration" is from the December 2004 issue of Southern Living.