Dessert Buffet Ideas: Red Velvet Revelry
A dessert buffet is certainly not a new phenomenon, but this eye-catching one stands out among the sugary fray thanks to an inventive, distinctly Southern menu and a graphic color palette that manages to feel sophisticated, not saccharine. We particularly love how the crimson desserts pop against the milky white tableware. Add a sugary sound track and you and your guests are all set for confection perfection.
- See more Red Velvet Recipes
End your meal with a decadent cup of richly flavored Chocolate Latte.
- Recipe: Chocolate Latte
For this majestically elevated dessert, make four batches of the madeleines recipe.
Make these sweet snowflake garnishes by tracing snowflake templates on wax or parchment paper with royal icing. Let them dry at room temperature and peel off.
These red velvet brownies taste as good as they look. They are moist, tasty, and swirling with color.
This cake bakes best in four pans. If you need additional pans, use 8-inch aluminum foil disposable pans. Just be sure to place them on a baking sheet for stability.
2. Striped paper straws, 8 cents/each; thinkgarnish.com
3. Charlotte clutch, $275; elaineturner.com
4. Signature Stud skinny cuff in black and calf hair, $38/each; cwonder.com
5. Aldo's Hazelnut Biscotti, $11; deandeluca.com
6. Oslo red velvet skinny jeans, $198; mih-jeans.com
7. Faux-bois guest book, $45; casparionline.com
8. Incanto white scallop creamer and white stripe sugar bowl, $65 and $90; vietri.com
9. Port Wine Caramel sauce, $8; sweeteethchocolate.com
- Sugar, Billie Holiday
- I Can't Help Myself, The Four Tops
- Sugar Town, Nancy Sinatra
- Brown Sugar, Rolling Stones
- Hard Candy Christmas, Dolly Parton
- Candy, Nat King Cole
- The Sweet Escape, Gwen Stefani
- The Candy Man, Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Pour Some Sugar on Me, Def Leopard
- Sugar Sugar, The Archies