At Home with the Pioneer Woman
- My KitchenAid mixer. I’ve had mine since the day I got married, and it’s my best friend and constant companion.
- My Wüsthof Santoku knife.
- My Cuisinart food processor. It’s the best, and it reminds me of my mom cooking in the early eighties.
- Iron skillets. Big, small, old, new.
- Flat whisks. They flatten against the bottom of the skillet and scrape up the good stuff
- Recipe: Cowboy Nachos
How many times a week do you go to the grocery store?
I try to go to the store once a week, but it usually winds up being twice. I keep ground beef in my freezer and a pantry full of staples. I try to fill in the perishables―milk, bread, eggs, fruit―at my local grocery store.
Your pantry must-haves?
Canned whole tomatoes. Tons of dried pasta. Pinto beans. Different flour and baking ingredients. Then I have a special shelf where I have jars of sundried tomatoes, prepared pesto, and kalamata olives as well as specialty panini spreads and things I pick up when I visit civilization.
- Recipe: Cowboy Dip Sandwich
Your favorite splurge ingredient?
Whole beef tenderloin. It’s so expensive, but it’s just so darned good.
Your favorite convenience product?
When I don’t feel like cooking, I send my husband and kids to the store and tell them they can pick out whatever they want. They always come back with Hamburger Helper. I’m not sure how to feel about that, but it sure is easy to whip up!
- Recipe: Scrumptious Apple Pie