14 Festive Mini Appetizers
Start with fried green tomatoes from your favorite meat 'n' three restaurant. Bake them on a baking sheet at 350° for 5 minutes or until warm and crispy. Add sweet-hot pickle chips to the bun with wooden picks for a fun garnish.
Vintage toothpicks: etsy.com for similar items
- Recipe: Fried Green Tomato Sliders
Serve this colorful appetizer in small cups if you want to skip the skewers.
- Recipe: Shrimp Boil Skewers
Layer black-eyed pea mixture, hot cooked rice, and tomato mixture in 12 (7-oz.) glasses for a charming presentation.
- Recipe: Hoppin' John Parfaits
This chicken salad appetizer recipe is perfect for any occasion and (almost!) too pretty to eat.
- Recipe: Chicken Salad Tarts
Serve these tasty hush puppies with your favorite rémoulade or cocktail sauce.
- Recipe: Crab Cake Hush Puppies
The sturdy pretzel holds the weight of the strawberries and cream cheese making this bite-size appetizer an ideal finger food.
- Recipe: Strawberry Pretzel Crostini
Serve with carrot or celery sticks, and garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
- Recipe: Boiled Peanut Hummus
Smokies are always a big hit at parties, so turn it up a notch by adding a bun and a dab of mustard and relish to make mini hot dogs.
- Recipe: Andouille Mini Dogs
To make these less strong, increase cold water to 2¼ cups and reduce bourbon to ¾ cup.
- Recipe: Mint Julep Gelées