Sit Down for A Wintry Feast
For an easy centerpiece, chisel a shallow cavity into a birch log. Insert a pillar candle into the indentation, and wrap with twigs and moss to finish the earthy look.
A medley of roasted vegetables including carrots and turnips combine with Brussels sprouts, cranberries, and a drizzle of molasses in one delicious side dish.
This impressive dessert isn't difficult, but do plan ahead. Preheat the oven, and just before sitting down to dinner, pop the soufflés in. When done, serve them all puffed up and gorgeous.
- Recipe: Gingerbread Soufflés
2. Anna Weatherly mushroom hors d'oeuvre plates, $294; devinecorp.net
3. Brown sugar eau de parfum, $80; fresh.com
4. Alpaca fringed throw, $248; pendleton-usa.com
5. Hudson Baby Bourbon whiskey, $40; tuthilltown.com
6. Cole Haan Cora wedge boot, $398; zappos.com
7. Winter wrap, $328; jcrew.com
8. Lemon cypress topiary, $13; leafnpetal.com
9. Mauviel M'Heritage copper butter melters, $81/each; surlatable.com
- Church (Live), Lyle Lovett
- Winter Winds, Mumford & Sons
- Please Come Home for Christmas, Harry Connick, Jr.
- Jingle Bell Jamboree, Keb Mo
- Blue Christmas, Dean Martin
- The Christmas Song, Hootie & The Blowfish
- Baby It's Cold Outside, She & Him
- Sleigh Ride, Diana Krall
- I've Got My Love to Keep Warm, Kay Starr (STUHR remix)
- Winter Wonderland, Jason Mraz