Celebrate With Friends
Serves 6 to 8
- Pink Lemonade Cocktail
- Marinated Mozzarella
- Mushroom, Apple, and Goat Cheese Salad
- Mustard-and-Wine Pork Tenderloin
- Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes
- Green Bean-and-Red Bell Pepper Toss
- Brandy-Vanilla Cheesecake Dip with fruit and cookies
You have to try this menu. It's one sit-down dinner that's dressy enough to impress yet comfortable to enjoy. Pull it off by following our timeline and make-ahead tips, such as freezing pork tenderloin in marinade up to one month before the party and making Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes two days ahead. Budget watchers, we give you less expensive ingredient and decoration options. Dress the table with grocery store flowers, votive candles, and big glass bowls for huge impact without the fuss. Ask a guest or two to come early to light candles, make the Pink Lemonade Cocktail, and toss the salad. You'll be relaxed and ready for fun.
Schedule for Success
1 Month Before:
- Freeze pork in prepared marinade.
2 Days Before:
- Prepare vinaigrette, and toast walnuts for salad.
- Prepare mashed potatoes, and refrigerate.
- Defrost pork in the refrigerator.
1 Day Before:
- Cut peppers, shallots, and garlic for green bean recipe, and place in a zip-top plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- Wash salad greens, and store in a damp paper towel in a zip-top plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- Prepare Marinated Mozzarella.
- Mix together Brandy-Vanilla Cheesecake Dip. Ask guests to bring fruit and cookies to serve with this dessert dip.