Host a Backyard Beer-Garden Bash
French green lentils add flavorful texture. They remain firm after cooking, while traditional brown lentils turn soft. The dressing of bacon vinaigrette, fresh parsley leaves, celery, and shallots pairs well with a robust pale ale.
- Recipe: Warm Lentil-and-Potato Salad
Try one of these standout Southern brews with each course for a festive touch.
Appetizer: Start with an Oktoberfest- or Märzen-style beer, each a delicious complement to the sausage board.
- Bob's '47 Oktoberfest, Boulevard Brewing Co. (Missouri)
- Clawhammer Oktoberfest, Highland Brewing Company (North Carolina)
Main Course: Feast with a pale ale or IPA. The robust flavor will hold its own with the smoky chicken and bold side dishes.
- 60 Minute IPA, Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales (Delaware)
- IPA, Good People Brewing Company (Alabama)
Dessert: Settle down with a stout or porter. Both styles will stand up to the rich chocolate cake and fruit.
- Sue imperial porter, Yazoo Brewing Company (Tennessee)
- Happy Ending imperial stout, SweetWater Brewing Company (Georgia)