They don't get any dandier than Chive-Tarragon Deviled Eggs.
Deviled Egg Recipes:
A friendly contest among the food professionals of the Southern Foodways Alliance (SFA) to find the best deviled egg ended with these recipes reaching the finals. The alliance is dedicated to the celebration and preservation of our region's food heritage, and dozens of its members entered recipes. Everyone at the 2004 conference in Oxford, Mississippi, loved these, so we knew you would too. Enjoy.
How to Make Hard-Cooked Eggs
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; add water to a depth of 3 inches.
- Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain and fill the pan with cold water and ice.
- Cover the pot, and shake so the eggs crack all over.
- Peel under cold running water, starting at the large end.
This article is from the April 2005 issue of Southern Living.