Here at Southern Living, we love a good DIY. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, the Craft Box Girls – led by craft guru Lynn Lilly – are creating fun, easy-to-make projects to spice up your entertaining, wedding planning, or holiday gifting.
- Hanging Mason Jar Flower Vase
- These DIY Lavender Lotion Bars Will Save Your Skin This Season
- These Valentine's Flowers Have Real Staying Power
Nothing cures a stressful day like a refreshing bath. Lately my days have been hectic and I look forward to unwinding with a bath, book, and relaxing music. Having the right combination of ingredients is key for relaxing, soothing your muscles, and unwinding your mind. This DIY refreshing rose bath soak is my new favorite go-to recipe! Plus, it's easy to make.
2 cups Epsom salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
8-10 drops of a relaxing/rejuvenating essential oil of your choice
½ cup of dried rose petals
Benefits of Ingredients:
Epsom Salt: Adding Epsom salt to a hot bath helps draw out toxins, calm nerves, cures headaches and muscles.
Olive Oil: Adding olive oil to a bath will moisturize and soften dry skin.
Essential Oil: Select an essential oil based on its healing properties.
- In a glass bowl, add Epsom salt and olive oil and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Shred rose petals, and add to the oil and salt mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add 8-10 drops of your desired essential oil, and incorporate it thoroughly into the mixture.
- Store your rose bath salts in a sealed glass container.
Add 3-4 tablespoons to your bath and soak for 15-20 minutes. You can also use this as a scrub on hands and feet to remove dry skin.