When food blogger Courtney Bryant of The Little Dixie Cook went gluten-free in 2009, she was determined that taking care of her health didn't have to mean missing out on all her favorite foods—like breads, cakes, and muffins. Graciously, she's sharing her very own gluten-free versions of our favorite Southern recipes. Tune in every other Tuesday for another delectable treat!
The Little Dixie Cook's Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- 6 oz. gluten-free vanilla honey graham cookies (I use the Enjoy Life brand)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup pecans, toasted
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 5 - 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, add cookies, butter, sugar, and pecans. Pulse until crust comes together.
- Fill 6 cupcake wells with roughly 3 - 4 tablespoons each of crust mixture, and press all along bottom and sides. Bake in the oven 10 minutes, or until golden brown. When crust comes out of the oven, use the back side of a spoon to press each crust back down into each well (just in case the crust puffed up a bit while baking!). Allow to cool completely.
- While crust is cooling, add cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, sugar, and salt to a medium sized bowl. Mix well with a hand mixer.
- Add several spoonfuls of the filling to each of the cooled crusts, and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove each mini cheesecake from the cupcake pan by running a sharp knife along the edge. Top with homemade whipped cream and blueberries!
For more gluten free recipes, be sure to check out @littledixiecook on Instagram.