In case you missed any of the games, Todd Talley recounts all of the action—including Alabama’s beatdown of Tennessee—along with his updated SEC Power Poll.
Game of the Week: Alabama 49, Tennessee 10
While this was not the most competitive game of the day, Alabama put up the most impressive performance by an SEC team all season. Alabama had over 400 rushing yards for the first time in 34 years, including 132 yards and 3 touchdowns on the ground from true freshman quarterback Jalen Hurts. The Tide also scored on a Ronnie Harrison interception return and an Eddie Jackson punt return, increasing Alabama’s tally of non-offensive touchdowns this season to 11. The Tide extended their winning streak over the Vols to 10 games and set up an epic showdown with undefeated Texas A&M next Saturday.
Player of the Week: Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt
In Vandy’s shocking 17-16 victory over Georgia, Vandy linebacker Zach Cunningham finished with 19 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, and 1 pass breakup. His tackle of Isaiah McKenzie on fourth and one with less than a minute remaining sealed the victory for the Commodores. Cunningham who leads the SEC in tackles bailed out an anemic Vandy offense that only had 171 yards of total offense.
SEC Power Poll
- Alabama (7-0) – defeated Tennessee 49-10
- Texas A&M (6-0) – OFF WEEK
- Florida (5-1) – defeated Missouri 40-14
- Auburn (4-2) – OFF WEEK
- LSU (4-2) – defeated Southern Mississippi 45-10
- Tennessee (5-2) – lost to Alabama 49-10
- Arkansas (5-2) – defeated Ole Miss 34-30
- Ole Miss (3-3) – lost to Arkansas 34-30
- Georgia (4-3) – lost to Vanderbilt 17-16
- Mississippi State (2-4) – lost to BYU 28-21 (2 OT)
- Kentucky (3-3) – OFF WEEK
- Vanderbilt (3-4) – beat Georgia 17-16
- Missouri (2-4) – lost to Florida 40-14
- South Carolina (2-4) – OFF WEEK