Looking for that last minute, perfect gift? Look no further than the mason jar--the mainstay of Southern entertaining that we always love. The hard working mason jar can be found working everywhere from in the kitchen party prep to tabletop decor. So, it's high time that it moves up the food chain and into place as Christmas gift. Here are a few of our favorite mason jar inspired gift ideas:
1. Take a cue from our own Christmas party decor and give co-workers or neighbors simple flowers like lilies, holly berries, and Christmas greenery (Trim a few branches from your own tree!) arranged in a mason jar.
2. Perk up your friend's movie nights with a mason jar popcorn kit.
3. Plant a paperwhite bulb in a mason jar for a gift that will last long after the holidays are over.
4. Know someone who loves fancy or vintage cars? Make them a "Mid-Life Crisis in a Jar" gift. Find a toy car model of their dream car and place it in the jar a la ship in a bottle style.
5. Perk up someone's kitchen sink with a dish soap dispensing mason jar that they can leave out on their counterops year round.
6. Put together a winter beverage kit with a buddy's favorite blends and sweeteners. Be sure to look for mason jars with handles that can double as mugs.
7. What to get a hostess? They can never have too many pieces of mercury glass to add polish to their tables. Simply paint a mason jar with sparkly silver glass paint, drop in a tea candle, and voila! An easy and useful centerpiece!